- Thor -- Thanks to an intricate plot and a complex villain, Thor was my wife's favorite. It didn't hurt that it was heavy on fantasy, and Kristin's a fantasy author.
- Iron Man -- Tony Stark's not a very likable character, but at least he's trying to be a better person. He sort of succeeds in this one.
- Captain America -- Kristin was originally reluctant to see this one, worried that it might be too jingoistic for a Canadian. Ultimately, she thought it was all right. I thought it was fun, but Captain America isn't really one of my favorite superheroes.
- Iron Man 2 -- And Tony backslides, into being even more of a jerk than before. Kristin hasn't seen this one yet, so I haven't gotten her opinion.
- The Hulk -- The least of the movies. Part of the problem was that while the others were origin stories, The Hulk showed the origin of the main character in the opening credits. It also suffered from stiff acting and fake-looking special effects.
So, that's our thoughts so far. Hopefully, the Avengers will be closer to Thor and Iron Man than the Hulk.
Post a Comment
I moderate comments on posts more than a week old. Your comment will appear immediately on new posts, or as soon as I get a chance to review it for older posts.